3.0" O.D. X 120" Wall 4130N Steel TubeFinish:
Electroless nickel inside and out. Zinc top coat on outer surface only with clear chromate conversion coating (to protect nickel plating against prop blast)Internal Material:
Solid Elastomeric Polymer (nothing to leak out, go flat or collapse)Weight:
• Basic AOSS Unit: 6.0 lbs.
• Complete Assembly AOSS Unit For Extended Gear: 6 Lbs. 12 oz.
• Complete Assembly AOSS Unit for 3" Extended Gear: 7 lbs. 2 oz
• Original drop test conducted using calculated landing weights for 2,070 lbs. gross weight
• Additional drop testing in 2006 was conducted at a gross weight of 2,300 lbs.
• Official FAA Cold-drop testing performed to -20° Fahrenheit (unofficial testing to -26° Fahrenheit)
• Client feedbak in the field have reported operations in tempuratures as low as -40° Fahrenheit with excellent results.
• Reserve energy test: requires drop height to be up to 1 1/2 times the "limit load" drop height (just short of 18")
Maximum acceleration: 4.7g's (forces of up to 5.2 to 5.4 g's are normally expected)